Calories: 566 kCal / serving
- 31 g
- 16 g
- 43 g
Ingredients Needed for Eggplant and Bacon Pasta
6 ounces of penne
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
6 garlic cloves
½ eggplant, sliced
2 bacon, thinly sliced
2 sausages s, sliced
½ cup heavy cream
How to Make Eggplant and Bacon Pasta
- Thinly slice the eggplant, in about 4 inch (10 cm) long sticks.
- Add the pasta in a saucepan full of simmering water. Cook them according to the instructions on the package.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic cloves and leave them in the pan for about 2 minutes.
- Remove them from the pan when ready and add the eggplant sticks. Add the remaining oil and a pinch of salt. Cook the eggplant for about 2-3 minutes, until golden brown.
- Add the bacon and sausage, and give it a good stir. Continue to cook for another 3 minutes and add the pasta. Gently add the heavy cream and reduce the heat. Stir, and cook the pasta for about 1 more minute.
- Serve the pasta with shredded parmesan!