Ingredients Needed for Egg Drop Soup With Chicken Breast
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 onion, diced
1 carrot, diced
½ small celery root, diced
⅓ cup rice
3 cups of chicken stock
10 ounces of cooked chicken breast
1 tablespoon butter
¼ cup flour
3 eggs, whisked
3 tablespoons of lemon juice
How to Make Egg Drop Soup With Chicken Breast
- Heat the vegetable oil in a cooking pot over low heat and add the onion. Cook and stir until it starts getting tender.
- Add the carrot, celery, and rice, while stirring. Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Add the cooked chicken breast, season with salt and pepper, and simmer for 1-2 minutes. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a cooking pot over low heat. Add the flour and stir until smooth.
- Add 2 ladles of chicken soup and stir more. Bring to a simmer and remove from heat.
- Again place the soup over low heat, add the butter-flour mixture, whisked eggs, and lemon juice. Stir for 1 minute and remove from heat.