Ingredients Needed for Egg and Veggie Quiche
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 small zucchini, cubed
1 red bell pepper, diced
3 garlic cloves, crushed
3 ounces of sun-dried tomato
½ teaspoon dried oregano
3.5 ounces of skim ricotta
¼ cup grated parmesan
2 spring onions, sliced
½ teaspoon butter
1 tablespoon flour
1 puff pastry sheet, thawed
½ teaspoon chili flakes
How to Cook Egg and Veggie Quiche
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Add the zucchini and fry it for 1-2 minutes, stirring.
- Add the red bell pepper, garlic, and sun-dried tomatoes. Also, add salt, pepper, and the dried oregano. Stir and cook further until the vegetables are cooked through. Set them aside.
- Whisk the eggs, then add the ricotta, parmesan, spring onion, some salt, and pepper to the same bowl. Whisk to combine all.
- Grease with butter and flour a round tart pan. Roll out your puff pastry sheet and then place it into the tart pan, pressing on the bottom and edges. Prick the puff pastry with a fork.
- Add the cooked vegetables to the tart pan and spread them in an even layer. Add the whisked eggs all over, then sprinkle chili flakes on top.
- Move the pan to the oven and bake for 45 minutes at 350˚F/175˚C.