Ingredients Needed for Egg and Tater Tot Bake
For the tater tots:
4 medium-sized potatoes, peeled
2 tablespoons of flour
1 teaspoon dill, dried
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 slices of fried bacon, chopped
vegetable oil (for frying)
For the egg bake:
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
½ red bell pepper, chopped
½ yellow bell pepper, chopped
0.5 green bell pepper, chopped
4 mushrooms, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon thyme
5 cherry tomatoes
2 ounces of baby spinach
¼ cup cheddar, shredded
How to Cook Egg and Tater Tot Bake
- Fill a saucepan halfway with water and add the potatoes.
- Place it over medium heat and bring to a boil. Cook the potatoes for the next 20 minutes.
- Shred the potatoes and add them in a large bowl.
- Add the flour and season with dill, oregano, garlic powder, and bacon. Mix everything with a fork until smooth.
- Form potatoes into tots.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a wok over medium-high heat.
- Add the tater tots and cook them until golden and crispy.
- Cook them until golden and crispy.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a cast-iron skillet.
- Add the onion and the 3 types of bell pepper. Add the mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, and season with thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Add the baby spinach and tater tots.
- Crack the eggs into the skillet.
- Slide the tray into the oven for the next 15 minutes at 350 degrees F/175 degrees C.
- Top the bake with the shredded Cheddar. Slide it into the oven for the next 5 minutes.