Egg and Tater Tot Bake
Because we love strong, earthy breakfasts we’re very proud to share this recipe with you. We’ve decided to make some homemade tater tots and use them in this savory egg bake. We’ve also added some veggies like onion, bell peppers, mushrooms, and spinach. To give it even more flavor, finish it with some shredded Cheddar.
Ingredients Needed for Egg and Tater Tot Bake
For the tater tots:
4 medium-sized potatoes, peeled
2 tablespoons of flour
1 teaspoon dill, dried
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 slices of fried bacon, chopped
vegetable oil (for frying)
For the egg bake:
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
½ red bell pepper, chopped
½ yellow bell pepper, chopped
0.5 green bell pepper, chopped
4 mushrooms, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon thyme
5 cherry tomatoes
2 ounces of baby spinach
¼ cup cheddar, shredded
How to Make Egg and Tater Tot Bake
- Fill a saucepan halfway with water and add the potatoes.
- Place it over medium heat and bring to a boil. Cook the potatoes for the next 20 minutes.
- Shred the potatoes and add them in a large bowl.
- Add the flour and season with dill, oregano, garlic powder, and bacon. Mix everything with a fork until smooth.
- Form potatoes into tots.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a wok over medium-high heat.
- Add the tater tots and cook them until golden and crispy.
- Cook them until golden and crispy.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a cast-iron skillet.
- Add the onion and the 3 types of bell pepper. Add the mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, and season with thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Add the baby spinach and tater tots.
- Crack the eggs into the skillet.
- Slide the tray into the oven for the next 15 minutes at 350 degrees F/175 degrees C.
- Top the bake with the shredded Cheddar. Slide it into the oven for the next 5 minutes.