Ingredients Needed for Egg and Lettuce Pesto Stuffed Tomatoes
3 ounces of lettuce
2 garlic cloves
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, for serving
How to Cook Egg and Lettuce Pesto Stuffed Tomatoes
- Start with making the lettuce pesto. Tear the lettuce leaves into small pieces then add them to your food processor. Also, add the garlic, sea salt, pepper, and olive oil. Process well until you obtain a pesto consistency.
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F/175˚C.
- Cut the top of each tomato, remove their core with a knife, then use a spoon to remove all the pulp and seeds.
- Place the tomatoes on a baking tray face up, then fill each one with the same amount of lettuce pesto. Make sure you leave enough space on top because next, you should crack an egg into each tomato. Sprinkle salt and pepper on each egg.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes. Sprinkle chopped parsley on top just before serving.