Ingredients Needed for Easy to Make Shepherd’s Pie
1 ½ tablespoons of olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 pound ground beef
1 cup canned tomatoes
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 cup beef stock
7 ounces of frozen mixed vegetables
1 tablespoon cornstarch
14 ounces of mashed potatoes
How to Cook Easy to Make Shepherd’s Pie
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook it for 1 minute.
- Add the ground beef and give it a good stir. Cook it until it is evenly browned.
- Add the canned tomatoes, tomato paste, beef stock, and stir.
- Add the frozen mix of veggies and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- In the meantime, whisk the cornstarch in a small bowl with a touch of water. Add the mixture in the skillet and give it a good stir.
- Cook the dish for 2-3 more minutes, and in the meantime, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F/175 degrees C.
- Move the dish in a rectangular baking dish.
- Move the mashed potatoes in a piping bag and add them on top of the beef.
- If you don’t know how to make mashed potatoes, here is a quick recipe.
- Slide the dish into the oven for the next 25 minutes.