Ingredients Needed for Easy Cob Loaf
1 tablespoon dry yeast
2 tablespoons of water
1 teaspoon sugar
3 cups of flour
1 cup water
¼ cup olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 egg, whisked
How to Make Easy Cob Loaf
- Place the dry yeast in a small bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons of water, then sugar, and stir to dissolve the yeast.
- Sift the flour through a strainer and place it in your food processor.
- Pour the yeast, water, olive oil, and add a pinch of salt.
- Mix at medium speed, until the liquid is absorbed into the flour, and you get a smooth and sticky dough.
- Spread some flour on your working surface and knead the dough, for a few minutes, until smooth, firm, and elastic.
- Place the dough in a large bowl, cover it with a towel, and let it rise for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 440°F/220°C.
- Take the dough out of the bowl, place it on your working surface and give it a round shape, around 6 inches (15 cm) in diameter.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and place the dough on top.
- Crack the egg, whisk it, and spread it over the bread.
- Slide the tray into the oven for the next 25 minutes!