Ingredients Needed for Dumplings With Chocolate and Coconut Flakes
For the dough:
⅔ cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon lemon zest
⅓ cup water
1 teaspoon baking powder
1½ cups of flour
2 tablespoons of melted butter
For the coating:
⅓ cup sugar
⅓ cup cocoa powder
⅓ cup milk
1 cup coconut flakes
How to Make Dumplings With Chocolate and Coconut Flakes
- Add the yolks and sugar to a bowl. Beat them until even using the hand mixer.
- Add the vanilla extract, lemon zest, and water. Mix more. Add the baking powder and salt in the process.
- Add the flour. Mix using your hands until you have a dough. Add the melted butter in the process. Cover with a towel and let it aside for 60 minutes.
- Add the sugar and cocoa powder to a bowl and start whisking. Gradually add the milk in the process. Keep whisking until smooth. Set aside.
- Start forming balls from the dough. We’ve ended up with 24 of them. Your numbers may vary depending on how big you made the balls.
- Fill a deep frying pan halfway with vegetable oil and heat it over medium-high heat. Deep-fry the balls for 4 – 5 minutes, in batches if you need to.
- Coat each ball with cocoa mixture and coconut flakes, helping yourself with 2 toothpicks. Serve them on a tray.