Ingredients Needed for Dumpling Soup
1 onion, quartered
½ celery root, halved
1 tablespoon water
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
⅔ cup semolina
1 carrot, sliced
How to Cook Dumpling Soup
- Fill a medium-sized pot 2/3 with water and heat it.
- Add the onion, carrots, parsnip, and celery root. Season with salt and boil for 40 minutes, then discard the cooked veggies. Let the stock simmer at a slow simmer.
- Add the egg to a smaller bowl and whisk it. Stir in the water and oil and season with salt.
- Keep whisking while gradually adding the semolina flour.
- Portion the semolina mixture into small lumps and add them into the simmering vegetable stock using a teaspoon.
- Cover with a lid and cook for 7 minutes.
- Add the sliced carrot and cook for 15 minutes more.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve warm.