Ingredients Needed for Duck Breast With Sweet and Sour Pomegranate Sauce
1 duck breast, approximately 6 ounces
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon honey
How to Cook Duck Breast With Sweet and Sour Pomegranate Sauce
- Crisscross the duck’s skin with superficial cuts and season it with salt and pepper.
- Heat a skillet and place the duck skin-down at low heat so that the fat can melt and skin turns crispy.
- Afterwards, fry the duck on each side so that it is properly sealed.
- Cook for about 5 minutes on the skinless side then turn it over and leave it on heat for 4 more minutes.
- Continue to cook for 2 minutes on the sides.
- Let it rest for about 10 minutes and then slice the duck breast into 0.4 inch (1 cm) thick slices.
- In the meantime, take out the pomegranate seeds and blend them until smooth.
- Use a strainer so that you remove the seeds and let only liquid remain.
- Heat a saucepan and add pomegranate juice, balsamic vinegar and honey.
- Bring to a boil and continuously stir until the sauce thickens.
- Serve with duck breast!