Ingredients Needed for Duck Breast With Sweet and Sour Glaze
3 ounces of rhubarb
2 tablespoons of butter
2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon brown sugar
¼ cup beef stock
6 ounces of duck breast
1 teaspoon Chinese spices
How to Cook Duck Breast With Sweet and Sour Glaze
- Start by thinly slicing the rhubarb.
- Heat a skillet and add 1 tablespoon butter. Let it melt and add rhubarb.
- Stir in the pan and fry for about 1-2 minutes, until rhubarb moistens a bit.
- Heat a saucepan and add balsamic vinegar and brown sugar. Stir and let sugar melt.
- Thicken the sauce with beef stock and remaining butter.
- Bring to a boil and let the sauce reach a caramel-like consistency.
- Crisscross the duck’s skin with superficial cuts and season it with Chinese spices and salt.
- Heat a skillet and place the duck skin-down at low heat so that the fat can melt and skin gets crispy.
- Afterwards, fry the duck on each side so that it is properly sealed.
- Cook for about 5 minutes on the skinless side then turn it over and leave it on heat for 4 more minutes.
- Continue to cook for 2 minutes on the sides.
- Serve with rhubarb and sauce.