Ingredients Needed for Duck Breast With Rice and Raisin Sauce
5 ounces of duck breast
1 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoons of raisin
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 ounce fluid cognac
1 ounce fluid vodka
¼ cup heavy cream
0.5 ounce dried mushroom
2.5 ounces of rice
How to Cook Duck Breast With Rice and Raisin Sauce
- You can start with the rice. Heat a saucepan over medium heat and fill it with water. Bring it to a boil, add the rice and cook it according to the instructions on the package.
- Place the duck breast on your working surface.
- Make diagonal cuts over the surface of the duck breast. Season it with salt and pepper.
- Heat a skillet and place the duck skin-side down at low heat so that the fat melts and the skin turns crispy.
- Afterwards, fry the duck on each side so that it is properly seared.
- Cook it for about 5 minutes on the skinless side then turn it over and leave it on heat for 4 more minutes.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and melt 1 teaspoon of butter in it. Add the raisins and brown sugar. Stir until the sugar melts.
- Pour the cognac and vodka and stir for 1 minute. Add the heavy cream and leave the skillet on heat for 1-2 more minutes.
- Heat another skillet over medium heat and melt the remaining butter. Add the dried mushrooms and season them with salt and pepper. Add the cooked rice, sprinkle some parsley and stir for 1-2 minutes. Turn off the heat.