Ingredients Needed for Duck Breast With Red Wine Sauce
1 duck breast, approximately 6 ounces
1 tablespoon butter
3 garlic cloves, chopped
1 red onion, chopped
1 cup red wine
1 teaspoon cloves
2 star anise
2 tablespoons of vinegar
1 tablespoon honey
How to Cook Duck Breast With Red Wine Sauce
- First crisscross the duck’s skin with superficial cuts and season it with salt and pepper.
- Heat a skillet and place the duck skin-down at low heat so that the fat can melt and skin turns crispy.
- Afterwards, fry the duck on each side so that it is properly sealed.
- Cook for about 5 minutes on the skinless side then turn it over and leave it on heat for 4 more minutes.
- Continue to cook for 2 minutes on the sides.
- Separately, start preparing the red wine sauce. Use a saucepan and melt the butter. Add garlic and onion and stir.
- Pour red wine and season with cloves, star anise, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- For a delicious, sweet taste add honey.
- Use a strainer for the sauce so you can take out the spices and make the sauce clear.
- Slice the duck breast into 0.4 inch (1 cm) thick slices and let them rest for about 5-10 minutes before serving.