2 duck breasts s, approx. 12 ounces
½ cup cognac
½ cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons of honey
- First zest the oranges using a shredder. Afterwards, slice oranges in halves and squeeze their juice.
- Crisscross the duck’s skin with superficial cuts and season it with salt and pepper.
- Heat a skillet and place the duck skin-down at low heat so that the fat can melt and skin gets crispy.
- Afterwards, fry the duck on each side so that it is properly sealed.
- Cook for about 5 minutes on the skinless side then turn it over and leave it on heat for 4 more minutes.
- Continue to cook for 2 minutes on the sides.
- Separately start making the sauce. Heat a saucepan and add cognac, soy sauce, orange zest, orange juice and honey.
- Let it simmer until it gets a caramel like color.
- Slice the duck breast into 0.4 inch (1 cm) thick slices and let them rest for about 5-10 minutes before serving.