Ingredients Needed for Deep Fried Pizza
1 tablespoon oil
2 garlic cloves
1 cup canned tomatoes
2 rosemary sprigs
½ teaspoon fresh thyme
⅓ cup grated parmesan
3.5 ounces of pizza dough
2 mozzarellas sticks
How to Cook Deep Fried Pizza
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a skillet.
- Crush the garlic and add it in the skillet. After one minute, add the canned tomatoes.
- Add the rosemary sprigs, the thyme, and the juice from half of a lime.
- Cook them together in the skillet.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the parmesan (set aside 1 tablespoon of grated parmesan, you will need it later) and cook the tomato sauce for about 2 more minutes.
- Remove the rosemary sprigs.
- In another skillet, heat the remaining vegetable oil.
- Spread the pizza dough on your workspace and give it a round shape.
- Fry the dough in vegetable oil until the pizza crust becomes golden.
- Remove the crust and let it cool on a large plate.
- Spread on the crust the cooked tomato sauce.
- Sprinkle the remaining parmesan.
- Cut small pieces of mozzarella and add it on pizza.
- If you want, you can sprinkle some more fresh thyme.