Ingredients Needed for Deep-Fried Cheddar Beef Kebabs
1 pound ground beef
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
2 tablespoons of fresh parsley, chopped
10 ounces of cheddar, sliced
½ cup flour (for coating)
½ cup cornmeal (for coating)
½ cup milk
vegetable oil (for frying)
How to Make Deep-Fried Cheddar Beef Kebabs
- Add the ground beef and egg in a large bowl. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and add a touch of parsley. Mix with a wooden spatula.
- Shape the meat mixture into 3 inches (7.5 cm) long kebabs.
- Wrap the kebabs using the Cheddar slices. Slide wooden skewers (or sticks) into the meat.
- Repeat until you’ve used all of the meat and Cheddar. You should obtain around 12 kebabs.
- Add the flour and cornmeal into a large bowl.
- Season with salt, pepper, and whisk. Make room in the bowl and pour the milk. Mix until you obtain a smooth mixture.
- Add the mixture into a tall glass. Soak the kebabs in order to get them completely coated.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a deep skillet or wok. Holding the skewers outside the skillet, deep-fry the kebabs until golden and crispy.
- Fry them until golden and crispy for 3 minutes.
- You can serve them with your favorite dip and some shredded parmesan on top!