Ingredients Needed for Deep-Fried Beef and Mozzarella Sticks
7 ounces of ground beef
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon oregano
5 ounces of mozzarella
½ cup flour
2 eggs, whisked
½ cup breadcrumbs
vegetable oil for frying
How to Cook Deep-Fried Beef and Mozzarella Sticks
- Crack the eggs and whisk them.
- Place the ground beef in a large bowl. Season it with garlic powder, oregano, salt, and pepper. Mix it using your hands.
- Break small chunks out of the mozzarella and roll them in your hands. Shape them long and thin, slightly thicker than your fingers.
- Coat the mozzarella sticks with the beef mixture. Don’t make the meat layer too thick, about 1/3 inch (0.8 cm) thick should be enough.
- Coat the meat sticks with flour, whisked egg, and breadcrumbs.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over high heat. Add the sticks and deep fry them for about 2-3 minutes, until golden and crispy.
- Serve them with your favorite dip!