Date, Bacon, and Coffee Cookies
These date and coffee cookies are really something and it’s the bacon that makes them so special. It’s an unusual ingredient when one thinks about sweets, but wait until you taste them. Feel free to change the ratio for the sweet dates or the salty bacon to better suit your taste.
Ingredients Needed for Date, Bacon, and Coffee Cookies
3 ounces bacon, chopped
⅔ cup milk
2 tablespoons brown sugar
3 tablespoons ground coffee
7 ounces dates, finely sliced
10 ounces flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 ounces butter
How to Make Date, Bacon, and Coffee Cookies
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat, add the bacon and fry for 4-5 minutes.
- Transfer the fried bacon on paper towels and set aside.
- Add the milk and brown sugar to a smaller pot over low heat.
- Gradually add the ground coffee while whisking. Cook and whisk until smooth.
- Remove from heat, add the dates, cover with a lid or a plate and let them soak for 15 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender, add the flour, the fried bacon, and 2 tablespoons of milk.
- Season with salt, add the baking powder and butter, then mash everything.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and add the dough as small lumps.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 380ºF/190ºC.