Ingredients Needed for Date, Bacon, and Coffee Cookies
3 ounces bacon, chopped
⅔ cup milk
2 tablespoons brown sugar
3 tablespoons ground coffee
7 ounces dates, finely sliced
10 ounces flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 ounces butter
How to Cook Date, Bacon, and Coffee Cookies
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat, add the bacon and fry for 4-5 minutes.
- Transfer the fried bacon on paper towels and set aside.
- Add the milk and brown sugar to a smaller pot over low heat.
- Gradually add the ground coffee while whisking. Cook and whisk until smooth.
- Remove from heat, add the dates, cover with a lid or a plate and let them soak for 15 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender, add the flour, the fried bacon, and 2 tablespoons of milk.
- Season with salt, add the baking powder and butter, then mash everything.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and add the dough as small lumps.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 380ºF/190ºC.