Ingredients Needed for Dark Chocolate and Walnut Pie
1 cup flour
1 ounce of butter, melted
½ cup sugar
3 eggs, whisked
2 ounces of butter, melted
1 tablespoon white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon flour
2 tablespoons of milk
1 tablespoon bourbon
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
7 ounces of walnuts
3 ounces of dark chocolate
How to Make Dark Chocolate and Walnut Pie
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C.
- You can start with the dough.
- Add the flour in a large bowl. Pour the melted butter and white sugar and mix using your fingers to obtain a smooth, crumbly dough.
- Line a rectangular baking tray with parchment paper. Evenly spread the dough inside the baking tray and press with a spoon to level it.
- Slide the tray into the oven and bake the crust for the next 50 minutes.
- In the meantime, add the whisked eggs in a large bowl. Add the melted butter, white and brown sugar. Start whisking and do it continuously while adding the rest of the ingredients (flour, milk, bourbon, vanilla extract, walnuts, and dark chocolate).
- When the crust is baked, pour the wet mixture over it. Don’t turn off the heat, and slide the tray into the oven for 50 more minutes!