Ingredients Needed for Crusted Potato and Cheddar Sticks
4 boiled potatoes, cubed
1 tablespoon cream cheese
1 spring onion, finely chopped
2 fried bacon slices, finely chopped
5 ounces of cheddar, cut into thick 2-inch long sticks
2 whisked eggs
How to Cook Crusted Potato and Cheddar Sticks
- Add the potatoes, cream cheese, spring onion, and bacon to a bowl. Season with salt and pepper, then mash until even.
- Completely wrap each Cheddar stick with some of the mash. We’ve ended up with 12 pieces.
- Coat them with flour, whisked eggs, and breadcrumbs.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper, add the potato and Cheddar sticks to it and bake for 30 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.
- Serve with a dip, optionally garnished with more spring onion.