Ingredients Needed for Crunchy Wild Rice With Bacon and Corn
5 ounces of wild rice
2 tablespoons of almond flake
5 walnuts, chopped
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
3 bacon slices
1 red onion, chopped
3 ounces of sweet corn
0.5 tea spoon tikka masala powder
How to Cook Crunchy Wild Rice With Bacon and Corn
- Place a saucepan over medium heat, add water in it and bring it to a boil.
- Add the wild rice and cook it according to the instructions on the package.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat, add the almond flakes, walnuts, and a small pinch of salt. Toast them for 2 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the chopped bacon and cook it until golden.
- Take out the bacon, and add the remaining oil in the skillet. Add the red onion and cook it until golden.
- Add the sweet corn, wild rice, and stir for 1-2 minutes. Season with salt, pepper, and tikka masala powder. Add the bacon, toasted nuts, and stir. Leave the pan on heat for 1-2 more minutes.