Ingredients Needed for Crunchy Pecan-Crusted Trout
3 tablespoons of butter, at room temperature
½ red onion, diced
1 teaspoon fresh sage, chopped
¼ teaspoon orange zest, grated
¼ teaspoon white wine vinegar
⅔ cup pecan nut
1 ½ pounds of trout (4 fillets, skin-on)
1 egg white, lightly beaten
How to Cook Crunchy Pecan-Crusted Trout
- Add 2 tablespoons of butter, red onion, sage, orange zest, white wine vinegar, and salt to a bowl. Blend to make seasoned butter. Place the seasoned butter to a waxed paper and roll paper around butter to form a cylinder. Twist the paper’s edges and refrigerate the butter for 1 hour.
- Crush the pecans in a food processor and then place them on a plate.
- Season the trout fillets with salt and pepper on both sides.
- One at a time, coat trout with egg white and crushed pecans on the flesh side of the fillets. Transfer on a plate, coated side up and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 340˚F/170˚C.
- When the time’s up, melt the remaining butter in an ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Lay the fillets into the skillet skin-side down. Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and cook for 5 minutes, until the crust is golden brown.
- Slice the butter into rounds. Top each trout fillet with seasoned butter and serve right away. If you wish, serve on a bed of lettuce.