Ingredients Needed for Crispy Mackerel Tail With Grilled Polenta
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon garlic powder
6 mackerel tails
2 whisked eggs
polenta, cut into 3-4-inch round forms
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon spring onion, finely chopped
1 teaspoon fresh dill, chopped
1 teaspoon lemon juice
How to Cook Crispy Mackerel Tail With Grilled Polenta
- Add the nutmeg and garlic powder to a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper and mix.
- Add the mackerel tails on the work surface, coat and rub them with the spice mixture.
- Coat the mackerel tails with whisked egg and panko.
- Fill a small to medium pot with vegetable oil and heat it over medium-high heat. Fry for 6 minutes, then transfer to a plate on paper towels.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil in a grill pan over low-medium heat. Grill the polenta discs for 4 minutes.
- Add the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, spring onion, dill, and lemon juice to small ball. Mix until even.
- Serve the mackerel tails and grill polenta discs drizzled with dressing.