Ingredients Needed for Crispy Chicken Thighs With Bulgur Risotto
3 chicken thighs
2 teaspoons of chili flakes
½ cup flour
2 eggs, whisked
½ cup breadcrumbs
vegetable oil for frying
1 ounce almond s, minced
1 ounce raisin, minced
2 jalapenos s, thinly sliced
7 ounces of bulgur wheat
How to Cook Crispy Chicken Thighs With Bulgur Risotto
- Squeeze the lemon over the chicken thighs and season them with salt and chili flakes. Cover them with aluminum foil and let them marinate for 30 minutes.
- Coat the chicken with flour then with the whisked egg finally with the breadcrumbs. Heat the oil in a skillet. Fry the chicken thighs for about 8 minutes per side, until golden and crispy.
- To make the bulgur, the ratio is 2 parts of water for 1 part of bulgur wheat. Bring the water to a boil and add the bulgur wheat. Cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes until soft. Drain off excess liquid.
- Add the raisins, jalapeno, and almonds in the cooked bulgur and combine. Add the bulgur in a cooking ring, and press it on top. Remove the ring and your risotto is ready.
- Place the chicken thighs over a large plate and serve them next to the bulgur risotto!