Calories: 419 kCal / serving
- 31 g
- 25 g
- 21 g
Ingredients Needed for Crepe Lasagna
1 red onion, sliced
1 carrot, shredded
2 garlic cloves, slices
14 ounces of minced meat
1 ½ cups of tomato sauce
1 teaspoon butter
4 store-bought crepes
3.5 ounces of low moisture mozzarella, shredded
For the bechamel sauce:
1.75 ounces of butter
1.75 ounces of flour
1 ½ cups of milk
½ teaspoon nutmeg
How to Make Crepe Lasagna
- Heat 2-3 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a skillet.
- Add the red onion, mix and cook until it softens.
- Add the shredded carrot and stir.
- Add the garlic slices and cook until all the veggies soften.
- Add the minced meat, salt, and pepper, stir and cook together until the meat is browned and cooked through.
- Add 1 cup (255 grams) of tomato sauce and 5-6 fresh rosemary leaves. If needed, add the remaining tomato sauce. Simmer about 5 more minutes. Set aside.
- Make the bechamel sauce:
- Heat a saucepan over medium-low heat and start melting the butter. Slowly pour it into the flour while stirring.
- Cook the mixture on medium heat for about 6-7 minutes, until it has a light, golden color.
- Keep on heat and slowly add the milk, while stirring fast and continuously.
- Season with pepper, salt, and nutmeg.
- When the sauce has a thick and smooth consistency, you can turn off the heat.
- Preheat the oven to 360 degrees F/180 degrees C.
- Grease with butter an 8-inch (20 cm) diameter baking pan.
- Divide the meat mixture into 4 equal quantities.
- Lay on the bottom of the pan one crepe.
- Add a layer of meat mixture, then pour bechamel sauce over it.
- Continue 3 more layers of crepes, meat mixture, and bechamel sauce.
- Top the dish with shredded mozzarella.
- Bake for 40 minutes.