Ingredients Needed for Creamy Rice Pudding
1 vanilla pod
1 cinnamon stick
2 cardamoms pods
1 cup milk
lemon zest from 1 lime
½ cup heavy cream
¼ cup rice
¼ cup white sugar
¼ cup coconut milk
2 egg yolks
2 tablespoons of mascarpone
How to Cook Creamy Rice Pudding
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F/175 degrees C.
- Place a stainless steel skillet on the stove, on high heat.
- Add the vanilla pod, cinnamon stick (break/broken into halves), cardamom, and cloves and heat them up for 30 seconds. Reduce the heat to medium.
- Add the milk and simmer.
- Grate the zest from one lime.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the heavy cream.
- Add the rice, mix, and simmer, on low heat.
- Add the sugar and the coconut milk and continue to simmer on low heat.
- Whisk the yolks and mascarpone in a bowl, and then incorporate the mixture into the simmering milk. Cook/keep on the stove until the rice is cooked through.
- Transfer the stainless steel skillet to the oven and bake for 15 minutes or more, until you make/get a golden brown crust.