Creamy Potato Soup With Croutons
This creamy potato soup with croutons is what comfort food is all about. You can easily make it in about half an hour, it’s hearty, savory, and feels like those classic soups your grandmother used to make when you were a kid. It’s perfect if topped with a few butter-fried croutons.
Ingredients Needed for Creamy Potato Soup With Croutons
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 red onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 teaspoon paprika powder
2 cups of vegetable stock
3 potatoes, cubed
3 bay leaves
1 tablespoon tomato sauce
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon butter
2 breads slices
½ teaspoon oregano
How to Make Creamy Potato Soup With Croutons
- Heat the vegetable oil in a deep skillet over medium heat.
- Add the red onion, garlic, and cook them until golden. Add the paprika powder.
- Pour the vegetable stock and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the potatoes and bay leaves. Bring the soup to a boil, cover it with a lid and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add a touch of tomato sauce and simmer it again, this time for 5 minutes.
- Move the soup into a blender and add 1 tablespoon of butter in it.
- Place the bread slices on a wooden board and cut them into small dices.
- Cook them in butter until golden and crispy.