Ingredients Needed for Creamy Potato Soup With Chicken Chunks
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
3.5 ounces of chicken breast, diced
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 red onion, thinly sliced
½ cup red wine
1 teaspoon butter
1 baguette, sliced in halves
3 potatoes, diced
1 cup vegetable stock
½ cup heavy cream
How to Cook Creamy Potato Soup With Chicken Chunks
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chicken and season it with basil. Cook it for around 10 minutes. Leave it aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, a pinch of salt, and pour the red wine. Stir, and cook it for 2 minutes.
- Separately, melt the butter in skillet. Add the baguette slices and toast them for 2 minutes on both sides.
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat, fill about half of it with water, and add the potatoes. Boil them for about 20 minutes, or until fork tender.
- Move the diced potatoes in a blender. Pour the vegetable stock and heavy cream. Season with nutmeg and pepper.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Divide the soup into 2 serving bowls. Top the bread with sautéed onion and serve the soup with it.