Ingredients Needed for Creamy Potato, Celery and Mushroom Soup
3 tablespoons of butter
1 medium onion, chopped
4 medium potatoes, cubed
1 medium carrots, diced
½ medium celery root, diced
2 spring onions, chopped
4 cups of chicken stock
3 ounces of mushrooms, sliced
⅓ cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon dried tarragon
How to Cook Creamy Potato, Celery and Mushroom Soup
- Start melting 2 tablespoons of butter in a cooking pot over low heat. Add the onion and stir it in.
- Add 1/2 of the cubed potatoes, the carrots, celery root, and spring onion. Stir them in.
- Add the chicken stock, stir some more, and bring to a boil. Cover with the lid and boil for 15 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Add the remaining potatoes to a cooking pot over low heat. Pour water over them until they are submerged. Salt it.
- Bring to a boil, then boil for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Melt the last tablespoon of butter in a skillet over low heat.
- Add the sliced mushrooms. Cook and stir until golden and softened, or for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Transfer the blend to a cooking pot, add the cooked potatoes, and mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper and add the heavy cream and tarragon.
- Stir them in, then boil for 2 minutes. Serve with bread or toast.