Ingredients Needed for Creamy Potato and Leek Soup
2 tablespoons of butter
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
1 leek, white and leek parts only
3 medium-sized potatoes
2 cups of chicken stock
½ cup milk
3.5 ounces of greek yogurt
1 small red chili, thinly sliced
fresh dill (optional)
How to Make Creamy Potato and Leek Soup
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat and melt 1 tablespoon of butter in it.
- Add the vegetable oil, onion, and leek. Season with salt, pepper, and give it a good stir. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, pour the chicken stock and milk.
- Cover it with a lid and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Take the saucepan away from the heat and the greek yogurt, remaining butter, and red chili.
- Blend everything until smooth.
- Serve with some fresh dill on top and a small drizzle of olive oil.