Ingredients Needed for Creamy Potato and Leek Soup With Gorgonzola
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
½ celery root, diced
1 leek stick, green and pale white parts
2 cups of vegetable stock
1 teaspoon thyme
2 garlic cloves, chopped
3 potatoes s, diced
2 bay leaves
¼ cup heavy cream
2 teaspoons of nutmeg
2 ounces of gorgonzola
How to Cook Creamy Potato and Leek Soup With Gorgonzola
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the celery root and cook it until golden. Add the leek and pour the vegetable stock.
- Season with salt and thyme. Add the garlic, potato, and bay leaves. Bring it to a boil.
- Cover with a lid and simmer it for 20 minutes.
- Take out the bay leaves and add the soup into a blender. Blend it until smooth. To make it creamier, thicken it with a touch of heavy cream.
- Season with nutmeg, thyme, and serve it with some crumbled gorgonzola.