Ingredients Needed for Creamy Potato and Bacon Soup
4 bacon slices
½ cup heavy cream
½ cup cheddar, shredded
1 tablespoon flour
2 tablespoons of milk
spring onion, chopped
How to Cook Creamy Potato and Bacon Soup
- Preheat the oven to 360 degrees F/180 degrees C.
- Cut the potatoes in half.
- Season them with salt and pepper.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Place the potatoes in the tray and roast them for the next 45 minutes.
- Separately, heat a skillet over medium heat. Add the bacon slices and cook them until crispy.
- Remove the potato skins and place the potatoes in a blender. Pour the heavy cream, add the shredded Cheddar, and 2 of the bacon slices. Blend everything until smooth.
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat. Pour the mixture and bring it to a boil, until small bubbles start to appear on its surface. Mix the flour and milk in a small bowl. Pour the mixture into the soup.
- Cook the soup for 10 minutes, while whisking from time to time, so it doesn’t stick to the pan.
- Place the soup into 2 separate bowls. Serve it with 1 fried bacon slice on top and a bit of spring onion.