Ingredients Needed for Creamy Mushroom Soup
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
1 tablespoon caraway powder
1 tablespoon dried oregano
10 ounces of mushrooms, sliced
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons of tomato sauce
⅓ cup milk
2 cups of beef stock
6 fresh thyme sprigs
How to Cook Creamy Mushroom Soup
- Heat the oil in a skillet over low heat, then add the onion. Cook and stir until tender. Add the caraway and oregano and stir more.
- Add the mushrooms. Cook and stir them until they start changing color.
- Add the balsamic vinegar, season with salt and pepper, and stir for 1 minute more. Continue to stir while adding the tomato sauce and milk.
- Add the beef stock and fresh thyme, cover with the lid and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender and blend. Optionally, serve it with some crusty bread.