Ingredients Needed for Creamy Mushroom-Barley Pilaf
1 teaspoon butter
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 onion, chopped
8 ounces of cremini mushroom, sliced
⅔ cup pearl barley
1 teaspoon dried thyme
2 cups of chicken stock
How to Make Creamy Mushroom-Barley Pilaf
- Add the butter and olive oil in a medium saucepan. Melt them together.
- Add the onion and cook it until soft and translucent.
- Add the mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper. Saute about 5 minutes, until mushrooms are soft and golden brown.
- Add the pearl barley and thyme, stir and cook about 1 minute.
- Add the stock, cover and simmer over low heat until the barley is tender, about 45 minutes.