Ingredients Needed for Creamy Leek and Potato Casserole
3 potatoes, cubed
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, diced
2 celery sticks, sliced
3 ounces of bacon, chopped
¼ cup milk
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon paprika powder
1 ounce Gruyère cheese
3 ounces of low moisture mozzarella, shredded
fresh parsley, chopped
How to Cook Creamy Leek and Potato Casserole
- Add water to a saucepan and bring it to a boil. Add the potatoes and boil them until they’re cooked through.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a skillet and add the onion and celery to it. Cook them, stirring often, until the vegetables soften.
- Add the bacon, season with salt and pepper, and cook further, on low heat.
- Drain the boiled potatoes. Make a soft puree, by blending the potatoes with milk and butter.
- Add the paprika and cooked leek mixture to the puree bowl. Stir to combine all.
- Add the egg, Gruyere cheese, half of the low moisture mozzarella, and the fresh parsley. Mix.
- Transfer the mixture to a ceramic baking pan, then top it with the remaining mozzarella.
- Move the tray to the oven and bake for the next 45 minutes at 380˚F/190˚C.