Ingredients Needed for Creamy Kohlrabi Potato Soup
2 medium potatoes, cubed
2 medium carrots, sliced
2 medium kohlrabis
1 tablespoon butter
2 teaspoons of fennel seeds
1 medium onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, sliced
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
⅓ cup milk
⅓ cup vegetable stock
How to Make Creamy Kohlrabi Potato Soup
- First, cut the top off the kohlrabis. Make deep crisscrossing cuts into the pulp, then scoop it out so that you’re left with two 1/4-inch-thick shells. Save the shells as we’ll be using them for serving the soup.
- Fill a cooking pot 1/3 with water, salt it and bring to a boil over low heat. Add the potatoes, carrots, and kohlrabi. Boil for 20 minutes. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over low heat. Add the fennel seeds and stir them in.
- Add the onion and garlic. Season with salt. Cook and stir until softened.
- Add the boiled veggies and the buttery onion mixture to a blender. Also add the vegetable oil, smoked paprika, and milk. Season with salt and pepper and start blending.
- While blending add the vegetable stock. Blend until even and smooth.
- Serve the cream soup into the kohlrabi shells.