Ingredients Needed for Creamy Chicken and Leek Pie
For the dough:
2 cups of flour
6 ounces of butter
¼ cup sour cream
1 tablespoon milk
For the pie filling:
1 tablespoon butter
12 ounces of leek green and white parts, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons of flour
1 ½ cups of chicken stock
14 ounces of cooked chicken, shredded
2 tablespoons of sour cream
2 fresh rosemary
How to Cook Creamy Chicken and Leek Pie
- For the dough, grab a large bowl and add the flour, butter, egg, sour cream, milk, and a pinch of salt.
- Use your hands and mix until you obtain a smooth, golden-colored dough. If it seems too dry, you can add a bit more flour.
Cover it with plastic foil and refrigerate for the next 20 minutes.
- Next heat a skillet over medium heat, add the butter in it and melt it. Add the leek and cook it for 1 minute.
Add the flour and chicken stock. Season with salt, pepper, and bring to a boil.
Add the chicken, sour cream, and rosemary. Cook for around 5 minutes, so the mixture thickens.
- Preheat the oven to 360°F/180°C.
- Next, take out the dough, place it on your wooden board and level it with a rolling pin. Slice it in halves vertically.
- Lay one half on the bottom of a 10 inches (25 cm) X 4 inches (10 cm) baking dish. Make sure the sides are also covered and slice off the extra dough. Pinch the bottom of the dough with a fork.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and cover it with the remaining half of the dough. Brush it with egg wash.
- Slide the tray into the oven for the next 45 minutes.