Ingredients Needed for Creamy Chicken and Parsley Scones
1 tablespoon olive oil
10 ounces of chicken breast, halved
2 ounces of butter
2 small onions, sliced
1 cup flour
2 cups of chicken stock
½ cup double cream
1 chicken stock cube
1 cup frozen peas, thawed
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon fresh parsley
How to Cook Creamy Chicken and Parsley Scones
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Turn the heat to medium-high and add the chicken breast halves. Sear them for 8 minutes, then transfer them to a baking dish.
- Start melting 1 ounce of butter into the same skillet, but turn the heat to low.
- Add the onion. Cook and stir until tender. Add 1/4 cup of flour and whisk it in.
- Gradually add the chicken stock while continuously whisking.
- Season with salt and pepper, add 2/3 cup of double cream and whisk them in. Crumble and add the chicken stock cube. Whisk it in.
- Add the peas and whisk. Add the seared chicken breast and coat with the cooking mixture. Bake for 15 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.
- Add the remaining flour (3/4 cup), baking powder, and sugar to a bowl. Whisk them shortly until even.
- Season with salt, add the remaining ounce of butter, the egg, and the remaining double cream. Mix until even using a spatula. Add the parsley and mix more using a hand mixer.
- Dust the work surface with a little flour. Make two patties using this parsley mixture and flatten them using the rolling pin.
- Place each flattened patty on top of a chicken breast half. Bake for 20 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.