Ingredients Needed for Creamy Butternut Squash Soup with Toast
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, crushed or minced
1 teaspoon ginger, shredded
7 ounces butternut squash, cubed
2 carrots, sliced
5 ounces sweet potato, cubed
4 ounces zucchini, cubed
4 cups of water
2 cups of coconut milk
1 tablespoon lime juice
5 slices of bread
Cheddar cheese, grated
How to Cook Creamy Butternut Squash Soup with Toast
- Add the coconut oil to a pot over low heat. Cook and stir until it melts.
- Add the onion, garlic, and ginger. Cook and stir until tender.
- Season with salt. Add the butternut squash, carrots, sweet potato, and zucchini. Pour the water over them and stir in.
- Simmer for 30 minutes, while occasionally stirring in.
- Season with lemon zest, add the coconut milk and lime juice.
- Mash all using a vertical blender. Remove from heat.
- Cut star-shaped forms from the crumb of each bread slice using different-sized cookie cutters.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and transfer the crumb stars on it. Top with grated Cheddar and garnish with chia seeds.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.
- Serve the soup with toast stars and garnished with more chia seeds.