Cream Cheese-Filled Chicken Schnitzel
Chicken breast is very versatile, which means that you can play with it in all kinds of ways. So then, why not make a schnitzel? Try a simple filling with cream cheese and spring onion. Coat it with flour, whisked egg, panko and slide it in the oven. If you’re looking for a side, don’t worry! A few baby carrots with a nice drizzle of honey is all this dish needs!
Ingredients Needed for Cream Cheese-Filled Chicken Schnitzel
5 ounces of chicken breast
⅓ cup cream cheese
2 green onions
½ cup flour
2 eggs, whisked
½ cup panko
vegetable oil for frying
3 ounces of baby carrot
1 teaspoon honey
How to Make Cream Cheese-Filled Chicken Schnitzel
- Preheat the oven to 440°F/220°C.
- Slice the chicken breast through the middle to make room for the filling. Cover it with plastic foil and level it so it can be thinner.
- Slice the green onions and mix with cream cheese.
- Season the meat with salt and pepper and add the cream cheese filling in the middle.
- Carefully roll the schnitzel so you don’t lose any of the filling. Coat it with flour, whisked egg, and panko.
- Add it in a heated skillet and deep fry it for about 3-4 minutes.
- When ready, place it in a baking tray. Add the baby carrots, and season with pepper and honey.
- Bake it for 35 minutes and serve!