Ingredients Needed for Cream Cheese and Red Bean-Stuffed Bell Peppers With Tomato Sauce
3 green bell peppers
6 garlic cloves
1 onion, sliced
3 tomatoes, halved
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, minced
2-3 garlic cloves minced
1 teaspoon chili flakes
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon basil
6 ounces tomato paste
1/2 cup water
7 ounces cream cheese
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
7 ounces canned red beans
How to Cook Cream Cheese and Red Bean-Stuffed Bell Peppers With Tomato Sauce
- Line a baking tray with aluminum foil and place on it the bell peppers, whole garlic cloves, sliced onion, tomatoes, and jalapenos.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 360ºF/180ºC.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over low heat and add the minced onion. Cook and stir until tender.
- Stir in the minced garlic, chili flakes, salt, and basil.
- Add the tomato paste. Cook and stir until it sizzles, then add the water, and cook some more, until reduced.
- Add the cream cheese to a bowl and season it with oregano and Cajun seasoning. Also, mix in the red beans.
- Transfer the oven-baked veggies to a heat-proof pan, taking care to place the bell peppers on top.
- Make a cut along each bell pepper, then fill them with the creamy red bean mixture.
- Pour the tomato sauce on top of everything and slide it into the oven for 10 more minutes at 360ºF/180ºC.