Ingredients Needed for Couscous and Sweet Potato Skillet
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 red onion, chopped
1 large sweet potato, small dices
1 cinnamon stick
2 garlic cloves
4 ounces of couscous
1 cup vegetable stock
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon turmeric
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon cumin powder
1 cup water
½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
1 large zucchini, thinly sliced
2 slices of lemon
1 teaspoon olive oil
How to Cook Couscous and Sweet Potato Skillet
- Heat the vegetable oil in a cast-iron skillet over medium heat.
- Add the red onion and cook it for 1 minute. Add the sweet potato and cinnamon stick.
- Add the cloves of garlic, couscous, and vegetable stock. Pour the vegetable stock and give it a good stir.
- Season with oregano, turmeric, salt, and cumin. Stir well, pour the water and parsley.
- Cover with a lid and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Slide the skillet into the oven at 360 degrees F/180 degrees C for the next 10 minutes.