Cottage Cheese Eggplant Boats
These cottage cheese eggplant boats are a healthy alternative to any deep-fried eggplant dishes – which are delicious, needless to say, but packed with so much fat! The recipe is simple: just roast your eggplants in the oven and fill them with a cottage cheese and green olive mixture.
Ingredients Needed for Cottage Cheese Eggplant Boats
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 cup cottage cheese
1 parsley, chopped
5 olives stuffed with pimento, slices
1 tablespoon pomegranate seed
How to Make Cottage Cheese Eggplant Boats
- Preheat the oven to 360 degrees F/180 degrees C.
- Halve the eggplant lengthwise.
- Scoop out some flesh from each halve, but leave about 0.4-inch/1 cm on the edges, so the eggplant halves look like boats.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and place the eggplant boats on it.
- Drizzle olive oil. Sprinkle salt, pepper, and smoked paprika.
- Roast for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the cottage cheese with chopped parsley, some salt, and olive slices.
- Stuff the eggplant boats with the cottage cheese mixture.
- Top them with pomegranate seeds and Brussels sprouts.