Ingredients Needed for Cottage Cheese Cake With Strawberry Jam
For the dough:
½ cup butter
1½ cups of flour
⅓ cup sugar
For the batter:
⅔ cup cottage cheese
½ cup sugar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons of semolina flour
For the cake:
strawberry jam for serving
How to Make Cottage Cheese Cake With Strawberry Jam
- For the dough:Add the butter and flour to a bowl. Mix using your hands. Add the sugar and continue to mix until you have a dough. Let it rest.
- For the batter:Add the cottage cheese, eggs, sugar, lemon juice, and semolina to a bowl. Mix until smooth using a hand mixer. Set aside.
- For the cake:Dust your work surface with flour. Flatten some 2/3 of the dough using a rolling pin. Do this so that it retains a thickness of approximately one inch.
- Cut it by placing an 8-inch diameter cake pan upside down over it and pressing. Remove the trimmed edge.
- Flip the cake pan and pour the batter over the dough base. Bake for 15 minutes at 350⁰F/175⁰C.
- Flatten the remaining dough and use it to cover the cake. Bake for 15 more minutes at 350⁰F/175⁰C.
- Serve garnished with strawberry jam.