Ingredients Needed for Cornmeal-Crusted Chicken With Dijon Sauce and Rice
1 tablespoon cornmeal
1 tablespoon flour
2 chicken thighs
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
3 garlic cloves
1 leek, thinly sliced
¼ cup chicken stock
1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
2 tablespoons of heavy cream
¼ cup brown sugar
½ green chili, thinly sliced
5 ounces of rice, cooked
How to Cook Cornmeal-Crusted Chicken With Dijon Sauce and Rice
- Coat the chicken thighs with flour and cornmeal.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet and add the garlic cloves. Keep them on heat for 1-2 minutes and remove them. Add the chicken thighs and cook them until golden and crispy, around 8 minutes per side.
- Add both types of mustard and half of the heavy cream.
- Stir and cook everything for 1-2 minutes.
- Heat another skillet over medium heat. Add the brown sugar and melt it. Add the green chili, remaining heavy cream, and the cooked rice. Cook for 1-2 more minutes, while stirring.
- Serve the chicken with the sauce and the rice!