Calories: 628 kCal / serving
- 43 g
- 60 g
- 22 g
Ingredients Needed for Cornmeal Crusted Beef Tenderloin With Basmati Rice1 pound beef tenderloin ½ cup flour 1 egg 1 tablespoon milk ½ cup cornmeal 1 teaspoon butter ½ red onion, chopped ⅓ cup basmati rice 1 cup vegetable stock 1 tablespoon chopped parsley 3.5 ounces of low moisture mozzarella, shredded
How to Make Cornmeal Crusted Beef Tenderloin With Basmati Rice
- Cut the beef tenderloin into thin slices. Make about 4 slices.
- Whisk the egg with milk to make the egg wash.
- Coat the beef slices with flour, egg wash, then cornmeal.
- Heat a large quantity of vegetable oil in a deep skillet and fry the beef slices until golden.
- Lay a paper sheet on a large plate and remove the deep-fried beef on it, to absorb the excess fat.
- Heat about 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in another skillet.
- Throw the red onion, carrot slices, and basmati rice.
- Stir, then add 2/3 cup (162 ml) of vegetable stock.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover with a lid and let it simmer for 20 minutes. If needed, add some more vegetable stock, and cook until the liquid absorbs and the rice is cooked.
- Serve the crusted beef with basmati rice.