Ingredients Needed for Cornmeal Crusted Beef Fusilli Pasta
12 ounces of beef tenderloin
½ cup flour
1 tablespoon milk
½ cup cornmeal
1 teaspoon butter
½ red onion, chopped
1 garlic clove
½ cup tomato sauce
1 basil leaves
½ teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon brown sugar
6 ounces of fusilli, cooked
2 ounces of grated parmesan
1 teaspoon parsley, chopped
How to Cook Cornmeal Crusted Beef Fusilli Pasta
- Cut the beef tenderloin into thin slices. Make about 6 slices.
- Whisk the egg with milk and make some egg wash.
- Coat the beef slices with flour, egg wash, then cornmeal.
- Heat a large quantity of vegetable oil in a deep skillet and fry the beef slices until golden.
- Lay a paper sheet on a large plate and remove the deep-fried beef on it, to absorb the excess fat.
- When the cooked beef strips cool a little, cut them into thin pieces.
- Heat another skillet and melt the butter in it.
- Add the red onion, crush the garlic, add the tomato sauce, and 1-2 tablespoons of water.
- When the sauce starts to simmer, add the basil leaves, dried oregano, brown sugar, salt and pepper by taste.
- Mix and cook for 1 more minute, then add the beef pieces.
- Add the cooked fusilli and half of the grated parmesan. Cook for 1 more minute.
- Serve with some more grated parmesan and chopped parsley.