Ingredients Needed for Cornmeal and Veggie Fritters
1 cup cornmeal
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 red onion, chopped
½ cup sweet corn
½ red bell pepper, chopped
fresh coriander, chopped
2 tablespoons of yogurt
¼ cup water
vegetable oil for frying
1 avocado, diced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon agave syrup
How to Cook Cornmeal and Veggie Fritters
- Add the cornmeal in a large bowl.
- Add salt, baking soda, and mix.
- Add the red onion, sweet corn, bell pepper, coriander, and yogurt. Mix until the ingredients combine. The mixture may be a bit dry, so add a bit of water.
- Pinch off a piece of the mixture and gently roll it between your hands to form a 2 inches (5 cm) flat patty. Continue shaping until all the mixture is used.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the fritters until golden and crispy, for 3-4 minutes per side.
- Place the diced avocado in a tall glass container. Add the olive oil, dried oregano, red wine vinegar, and agave syrup. Set up your immersion blender and blend everything until smooth.
- Serve the cornmeal fritters with the guacamole sauce!