Cornflake Pancakes Topped With Squash Puree
What is the perfect pancake recipe? Well, there’s no right answer to that, it’s all up to your preferences. What’s special about the recipe below is that it has cornflakes in the pancake mix, and the topping is made of mashed squash, flavored with some brown sugar, honey, and walnuts. Good for your health, and also for your taste buds.
Ingredients Needed for Cornflake Pancakes Topped With Squash Puree
2 ounces of cornflakes
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon baking powder
2 egg whites
1 cup milk
2 ounces of winter squash, mash
1 teaspoon brown sugar
3.5 ounces of greek yogurt
2 teaspoons of honey
walnut (for topping)
How to Make Cornflake Pancakes Topped With Squash Puree
- Crush the cornflakes and add them in a large bowl.
- Add the flour, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, and the baking powder. Whisk everything until smooth.
- Make a small hole in the middle of the dry mixture and add the egg whites inside. Pour the milk and whisk everything until the wet and dry ingredients combine into a smooth batter.
- Next, heat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Pour around a ladle of the mixture in the skillet, depending on how large and thick you want your pancakes.
- Cook them thoroughly for 1-2 minutes per side.
- Add the mashed winter squash in a small bowl. Mix it with brown sugar and the remaining cinnamon.
- Mix the Greek yogurt with honey in a small bowl.
- Lay the pancakes one on top of the other and evenly spread the squash mix on top of the first pancake.
- Drizzle the yogurt on top and serve with a few walnuts on top!