Cod and Veggie Stew
Cod anyone? Forget the fish and chips and try this simple, yet delicious, stew. For it, we’ve first cooked bell peppers and mushrooms in thick tomato sauce and then added the cod fillets and simmered everything to perfection!
Ingredients Needed for Cod and Veggie Stew
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 red onion, chopped
1 inch ginger piece, sliced
2 ounces of oyster mushroom
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
1 cup tomato sauce
6 ounces of cod fillets
fresh parsley, chopped (for garnishing)
How to Make Cod and Veggie Stew
- Heat the vegetable oil in a saucepan over low heat.
- Add the onion and cook it until it starts getting tender. Add the ginger and oyster mushrooms. Cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Add the red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper and season with salt and pepper. Cook and stir for 6-8 minutes or until the bell peppers soften.
- Add the tomato sauce and cod fillet, cover with the lid and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve.